WHO: Global Alert and Response (GAR) – Disease Outbreak News
– Announcement: WHO to change the way it reports H5N1 cases
Henceforward, WHO will publish information on human cases with H5N1 avian influenza infection on a monthly basis on the Influenza webpage:
Influenza at human-animal interface – Monthly Risk Assessment Summary
Cases of human infection with H5N1 will only be reported on Disease Outbreak News for events that are unusual or associated with potential increased risks.
Member States will be continued to require to report information on every sporadic case of H5N1 human infection or novel influenza virus infection to WHO as per Article 6 of the International Health Regulations (2005).
Most recent news items
– Ebola in Uganda 23 November 2012
– Novel coronavirus infection – update 23 November 2012
– Marburg haemorrhagic fever in Uganda – update 23 November 2012
– Yellow fever in Sudan – update 22 November 2012