Polio this week as of 11 May 2022
:: Ahead of the WHO World Health Assembly (WHA) taking place from 22-28 May 2022, the GPEI has prepared two reports which will inform Member State discussions, namely on polio eradication, and on polio transition planning and post-certification. The reports are available on this page.
Summary of new polioviruses this week:
– Djibouti: five cVDPV2 positive environmental samples
– DR Congo: 11 cVDPV2 cases
– Mozambique: one cVDPV2 case
– Nigeria: one cVDPV2 case and one positive environmental sample
– Yemen: six cVDPV2 positive environmental samples